FORUMS: list search recent posts

CM240 vs CM250

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ergin ozturk
CM240 vs CM250
on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:38:35 pm

Hi

i am using HP dreamcolor and i am going to buy FSI 24" monitor.
I mostly do TV jobs like music videos, commercials some documentaries. So in gereneal rec709 area. But i may do some indie films, short for DCP in the future.

I have 2 options;
CM240 (LED)
CM250 (OLED)

Price diff is around 1000 usd+vat

It seems LED is very common but is it good option for new investment?
Or if we forget about price difference then OLED is better option?

thank you in advance

regards,

ergin

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
Re: CM240 vs CM250
on Dec 15, 2014 at 8:19:09 pm

[ergin ozturk] "CM240 (LED) "

The CM240 is an LCD monitor with CCFL backlight. It is not an LED panel nor does it use an LED backlight.

[ergin ozturk] "Or if we forget about price difference then OLED is better option?"

OLED offers much higher contrast ratio (deeper black levels) and will have the most 'wow' factor if comparing to your current LCD monitor.

The CM240 is still a good option for those that don't want OLED and prefer the look and performance of LCD, but for what it is worth the CM250 OLED has become vastly more popular than the CM240 LCD (about 10:1 in terms of sales volume).

I'm of course biased, but they are both great monitors so you cannot really go wrong. Performance benchmark-wise thought the CM250 outperforms the CM240 in just about every measurable way.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

ergin ozturk
Re: CM240 vs CM250
on Dec 15, 2014 at 8:37:45 pm

Thank you Bram,

i initially about to buy 240(LED) but after some search (and your response also approve that) decided to buy 250(OLED)
thank you for the response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]