FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you connect your FS monitor to your computer?

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Simpson
How do you connect your FS monitor to your computer?
on Jun 14, 2014 at 2:03:13 am

Our company recently purchased two CM 240 monitors on advice from a colorist friend for 2 edit bays we have here and I admittedly am in a little over my head as far as setup.

We have the new Mac Pros with an AJA iOXT box to connect the FS monitors. We are running Mac OS 10.9.3 with the latest Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

And I have been having all sorts of trouble! I cannot get decent playback in Premiere to save my life so I decided to try a DVI to HDMI cable to run from the FS monitor to the mac pro to bypass the dang AJA box but all I get is a greenish tinted image. I know this isn't ideal but I cannot for the life of me get Premiere, the Aja box, and the FS monitor to play nice.

With all that being said does anyone have a method of connecting their FS monitor to their computer that they recommend because I am about ready to throw this AJA box out the window!

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
Re: How do you connect your FS monitor to your computer?
on Jun 14, 2014 at 2:26:01 am

Regarding the greensish tint when connecting via DVI you just need to go to the monitor's system menu and set DVI pixel format to YCbCr (you have options for YCbCr and RGB to match whatever output you have from the computer). That being said it is not how you want to monitor out of Premiere. Have you actually contacted AJA support for setup help? They are quite helpful and can probably assist with your playback concerns.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 14, 2014 at 12:17:05 pm

[Christian Simpson] "We have the new Mac Pros with an AJA iOXT box to connect the FS monitors. We are running Mac OS 10.9.3 with the latest Adobe Premiere Pro CC. "

We run the AJA IoXT from our iMacs to two Flanders Scientifics in our suites. Have you downloaded both the AJA IoXT Driver AND the AJA Adobe Plugins? Without the Adobe plugins you will not see an image to the Flanders.

If you have everything you are supposed to have, call AJA and they will help you troubleshoot why you are not getting an image. We have 7 Flanders in our shop mostly connected to AJA products with a couple of BMD products as well.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Christian Simpson
on Jun 14, 2014 at 3:53:04 pm

I do have the latest drivers from AJA including the one for the adobe suite. I do get a picture but playback is very choppy and the delay seems to randomly shift. Audio also picks and chooses when it wants to play. I've tried about every setting imaginable on the AJA box with no success so looks like I will have to give them a call. I've had to call them before for other products and they were for the most part pretty helpful so I'm sure they can help me. I wanted to more or less gauge what everybody else was using to connect their monitors and it seems like this AJA box is fairly common so I will keep trying to make that work.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 14, 2014 at 5:09:47 pm

If you're running OS 10.9.3 on the new Mac Pro that breaks the GPUs and causes all sorts of issues with both Adobe apps and DaVinci Resolve.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]