FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flanders Scientific - CM171 10 Bit 17" or BM 210 8 Bit BM210?

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Castiglione
Flanders Scientific - CM171 10 Bit 17" or BM 210 8 Bit BM210?
on Apr 12, 2014 at 2:00:00 am

I am on the point of purchasing a Flanders monitor and am wondering whether anyone has hands on experience of both these models and been in a position to compare them. I am trying to gather as much information as I can to make an informed purchase.

I will chiefly be using the monitor for field work but it would be ideal to be able to use it for colour grading . The BM 210 is I suppose in many ways ideal as it is of designed for both worlds. It also has the advantage of the larger viewing area.

On the other hand, I am attracted to the 17" model because of small size and its portability. I have used the 21" field kit and found it a bit cumbersome because of its size and all those flaps.

Should the fact that the 17" model is 10 bit be a consideration? Does this make a visible difference to colour fidelity and the overall look of the image as compared to the more conventional 720P models out there?

Also, I am little confused concerning how often calibration needs to take place for both models. I was told by one source that the 17" model needed to be calibrated more often than the 21" but this was contradicted by someone else who was equally knowledgeable. As I live in Australia, far away from Atlanta, this is a real consideration.

Thoughts would be welcome.

Return to posts index

Nurali Kushkov
Re: Flanders Scientific - CM171 10 Bit 17" or BM 210 8 Bit BM210?
on Jul 28, 2014 at 10:44:10 pm

What did you end up getting mate? :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]