FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closest value to flat volume?

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Robles
Closest value to flat volume?
on Mar 13, 2014 at 3:17:45 pm

Does anyone know what the value closest to flat response is if using the audio outs from the FSI monitor? I have it set to 20 right now. I have no other device to hook the output to to test this.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Closest value to flat volume?
on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:10:40 pm

Your question does not make sense unless there is context. The idea of 'volume' is merely a control to determine how loud something is. There's no such thing as 'flat' value to loudness of sound as it is heard. This is known as dB SPL.

I'm inclined to think you're leaving out some other information that leads you to ask this question. For example, in my edit suite, I have the output of the Flanders going into a mixer with a pair of VU meters. I wanted to be able to adjust the volume output of the Flanders so that when I played a -20 dBFs tone through it, the VU meters would register 0 dB VU. So I adjust the volume output on the Flanders in concert with the mixer level until the meters match. I found a setting of Flanders volume 26 with my mixer input on unity resulted in a 0 dB VU value on my output meters. But that is my specific case.

If you have nothing else to measure or connect, then what does it matter what the volume is set to? It's only important if that signal is to be measured or passed through another device. Otherwise, raise it as high as your ears can handle…

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]