FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Profile (settings) for CM240 (fsi)

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nodari Nozadze
Color Profile (settings) for CM240 (fsi)
on Dec 22, 2013 at 8:01:50 am

Hello folks,
i read couple post regarding this subjects but could not get the proper answer so here I am posting the same question again, I have all the proper tools for a 2k grading suite, davinci with control surface, cubix, and fsi CM240, I am about to start a first feature that I have to grade on this setup, as i noticed in flanders menus it has both rec 709 and p3 profiles, which mode should I be when grading my feature film?, film is set for a festival output (dcp).

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
Re: Color Profile (settings) for CM240 (fsi)
on Dec 23, 2013 at 6:27:59 pm

Our recommendation is to use Rec. 709 and only convert to XYZ when exporting or creating your DCP. That being said you can use the monitor either way, but we find that the Rec709 workflow is simpler and better suited to grading on a flat panel display for most environments and users.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

Nodari Nozadze
on Dec 24, 2013 at 2:19:27 pm

Thanks Bram, that was what I thought about it, just wanted to confirm, can you give me advice about the settings I should be using under Main Menu/Video, I mean gamma settings and the rest.
thanks

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
on Dec 26, 2013 at 2:18:01 pm

Default settings, which you can reload at any time by going to System->Load Profile->Default, is the easy answer to that question. However, you can use other settings if you prefer or find them better for your viewing environment. The important thing to know is where you started from so if you are using a DCP creation tool that allows you to specify some of these source parameters you know what to tell the software.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]