FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C100 and the LM-2140W

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Gyovai
Canon C100 and the LM-2140W
on Feb 3, 2013 at 5:40:02 pm

Wanted to use the LM-2140W for light color correction with Avid 6.0 symphony through an AJA T-Tap. I am sure it will work fine for that, but I also have a Canon C100 and I have heard the HDMI out will work with some device and not work with others (I'm sure there is a technical reason for this). For example, it will not work with my home theater LCD through HDMI. I know the LM-2140W has DVI, which a DVI to HDMI is easy to get, but has anyone actually tested a Canon c100 out through HDMI to DVI with the LM-2140W?

Thanks,
john

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
Re: Canon C100 and the LM-2140W
on Feb 3, 2013 at 6:28:42 pm

Yes, this works on all FSI monitors including the LM-2140W.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

John Gyovai
on Feb 3, 2013 at 10:20:32 pm

Thanks Bram!

Return to posts index

John Gyovai
on Apr 2, 2013 at 4:58:12 pm

Just a follow up to receiving and using the LM-2140W for a little while. The monitor has been great. Out of the box I really didn't need to make any color adjustments. It looked good and was pretty much spot on. Being able to transport and use in the field with confidence is a big plus. Build quality and low weight typically don't go together, but with this model it does. I am using the AJA T-tap and can place it in inside the FSI travel case, along with my HDMI to DVI cable and be ready for mobile editing or camera field work (Canon C-100). My only tweaks would be less "white" on the logos (I guess the zunzheng is the LCD maker and needs to be on the display?) and the built-in speakers are pretty limited in their fidelity. I know they are not made for that, but would be nice to use them to check for a computer laptop mix.

All in all a very happy customer!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]