just brought a flanders 2140w a excelente monitor, i'm very happy with my purchase, but using with the matrox is out of sync. The video is connected via sdi and the audio with 2 xlr, the sound in the monitor is ok but with the xlr cables to a sound system is out of sync.
Hi Filipe, this has been covered in several older posts as well, but as a quick review:
1. All LCD monitors will have some processing delay.
2. The processing delay is typically variable depending on the processing mode the monitor is in and the signal format.
3. All FSI monitors automatically delay the audio disembedded by the monitor by the exact amount of processing delay (down to the ms) regardless of video format or monitor processing mode. This is why the audio is perfectly in sync on the monitor's speakers.
4. You can put the monitor into fast mode (Video Processing->Fast) and this will lessen the delay compared to discrete audio. There is no loss in video quality in fast mode, but ancillary features (such as scopes) and menus will update more slowly. Generally we only recommend fast mode for very audio critical applications where ancillary features are less likely to be used anyway.
5. If only monitoring 2 channels of audio in an edit suite what many customers do is feed the audio disembedded by the monitor on the audio out jack (also automatically delayed just like built in speakers) into their mixer so that the audio is perfectly delayed regardless of format or monitor processing mode.
6. In many editing systems and with many I/O cards you have the option to adjust a playback offset that will correct for audio sync issues. A search of these forums for playback offset information will pull up some good tips on using such an offset.