FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big Monitor

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Bermudas
Big Monitor
on Sep 4, 2011 at 2:01:16 am

I love the LM-2461, I think in my opinion is perfect, but I'd like also that my clients can see what I'm seeing in a bigger screen size, I can put a Panny or projector but is not the same, how about a 40" or 50" Flanders that just replicate the SDI signal from my grading Flanders switched out, sort of like an extension of my 2461, but without the processing?
Just an idea

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Big Monitor
on Sep 4, 2011 at 3:30:59 am

I've discussed this with them in the past and I really don't see them moving there. Not enough money quite honestly in the larger monitors and pretty much every color correction suite has a Panasonic Pro Plasma because they're just so cheap. I'll let the guys from FSI answer further, but that 24" is the sweet spot for a reference monitor.

We run 50 and 42" Panny plasmas in our shop for the client monitor and a DLP Projector with 7' screen in the screening room. So the client is never at a loss for a "large view" of each project.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Sep 5, 2011 at 2:50:32 am

Thanks a lot Walter, I was thinking in getting a Panny Pro, I actually have a Panasonic GT-25 3D, which looks stunning, but I noticed I cannot match my Flanders look, specially reds, it seems like if I match it at one point, at another that setting won't hold, so it's always a moving target. I know the Pro Panny has BNC in, but does it have more tools for proper calibration, or is it mostly the same engine without the tuner?

And one more question if you don't mind, what DLP projector are you using?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Sep 5, 2011 at 1:27:11 pm

I honestly don't know the difference between the consumer and pro panny as I only own the pro version. Even at home. It has a lot of advanced color controls for adjusting the red and blue especially. we can get the panny's very close to the look of the FSI monitors.

The projector is a panasonic, not sure the exact model at the moment as I'm not at the office. It's in the $8,000 range, I remember that......

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]