FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAL SD accuracy?

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Schuurbiers
PAL SD accuracy?
on Aug 22, 2011 at 12:53:21 pm

Hi all,

I'm tempted to get a FSI LM2140W monitor. The price/performance ratio seems unbeatable, especially with the current special offer.

Problem is that I can't get a demo here (based in north of italy) to see for myself, so I'm relying on recommendations from this forum and the return policy of the company, which is a bit frightening I must admit.

One thing is not completely clear to me: How does this monitor perform on PAL SD video? Interlacing? Color space accuracy? Are there any people from europe in this forum that use FSI monitors?

I do work with HD material but the majority of my work still ends up on SD DVD, so this is kind of important to me.

I'm an experienced audio engineer/producer making his way into video. My company startup does mainly corporate/educational video at the moment, so I don't need "high-end" accuracy, but something that is stable over time, accurate enough so that my work translates well on other viewing systems, and that it qualifies as a reference that is more credible than a consumer display.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Carl.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
Re: PAL SD accuracy?
on Aug 22, 2011 at 9:05:04 pm

I can't speak to the PAL question but I bought the 1760 monitor sight unseen without a demo based on recommendations from Walter and Bob Zelin. I was not disappointed. Image and build quality is excellent. The support is top notch.

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Euphonix MC Transport • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 22, 2011 at 9:30:24 pm

[Carl Schuurbiers] "Problem is that I can't get a demo here (based in north of italy) to see for myself, so I'm relying on recommendations from this forum and the return policy of the company, which is a bit frightening I must admit.

One thing is not completely clear to me: How does this monitor perform on PAL SD video? Interlacing? Color space accuracy? Are there any people from europe in this forum that use FSI monitors?"

SD performance is the reason I bought these monitors in the first place. They display SD absolutely accurately, including all interlacing issues.

I have cut and graded 1080i / 25 projects on the FSIs with no issues whatsoever in regards to color. I've also done 720/50 projects on them in the past. They display the frame rate / colors / interlacing accurately.

With the 30 day return policy, you can essentially demo the monitor yourself. If you're not happy, return it. Can't recommend them enough quite honestly not just for the quality of the product but for the service after the sale.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Carl Schuurbiers
on Aug 24, 2011 at 2:50:56 pm

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered one.

It should ship around the 7th of september. Needless to say I am very excited about this purchase and looking forward to the arrival of the monitor.

Thanks for your input, I hope it works out as well for me as it did for you!

Carl.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 24, 2011 at 3:13:27 pm

Best of luck to you Carl and if it doesn't work out, just remember the generous return policy. It's a win-win for you. :)

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]