FORUMS: list search recent posts

Normal vs. Fast processing

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Spano
Normal vs. Fast processing
on Jan 19, 2010 at 3:10:08 pm

Can you explain exactly what is sacrificed when switching the processing from Normal mode to Fast mode? I would like to be able to use the Fast mode to more closely match the timing of other monitoring in the suite. Thanks.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Normal vs. Fast processing
on Jan 19, 2010 at 3:12:12 pm

[Mark Spano] "I would like to be able to use the Fast mode to more closely match the timing of other monitoring in the suite."

If you're using Final Cut Pro, you use the Playback Offset to adjust for this. We set it to two.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
on Jan 19, 2010 at 3:23:31 pm

Hi Mark,

In Fast Processing Mode we prioritize the video processing above all other functions to minimize video processing time. The side effect of this is that ancillary features like the waveform function update more slowly onscreen and your menu may take a moment to stabilize on screen when you press the menu button.

If you just plan on viewing video on the monitor and not utilizing the ancillary features very often then there is no problem with leaving the monitor in Fast Processing mode. If you plan on using the Waveform, Vector Scope, Audio Level Meters, etc. more often then we typically recommend Normal Processing Mode.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Jan 19, 2010 at 3:46:57 pm

Thanks Bram. It's what I figured, since I didn't notice any difference in the video quality.

@Walter - thanks for the tip - I use that feature in FCP all the time, but the FSI LCDs in my place are in the Avid suites and I've been wanting that feature for years there...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]