FORUMS: list search recent posts

1024x576 on LM-2461W

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Cullen
1024x576 on LM-2461W
on Jul 29, 2011 at 2:08:41 pm

Hi there,

Forgive me if this seems a stupid question or relatively simple, but I'm having trouble displaying 1024x576 content properly. A lot of my files that are SD are 1024x576, not 720x576 anamorphic. I have the monitor set to display in anamorphic mode so when content is in my 720x576 anamorphic timeline in FCP it displays correctly, however when viewing my content in the viewer it appears even more squashed. Do you understand what I mean? Similar to when you have the anamorphic box checked in FCP on content that is already 16:9. Anyway to have it so it all displays properly without having to make a 720x576 anamorphic version of the file?

btw this monitor makes my HD stuff look gorgeous.

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
Re: 1024x576 on LM-2461W
on Jul 29, 2011 at 2:34:37 pm

Not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but my guess is that you have Anamorphic mode ON when you should not. Try setting one of the function keys to "SD Aspect Ratio" and toggle that on/off with your various content.

If what you are trying to do is view in a PAL SD FHA viewing mode then use the SD Aspect Ratio toggle in conjunction with pixel mapping to enter a special viewing mode for such sources. Take a look at this video, start about 20seconds in, for content that applies to PAL SD FHA.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

Richard Cullen
Re: 1024x576 on LM-2461W
on Jul 29, 2011 at 2:56:15 pm

got it licked now thanks Bram. It was zoom I was after. Will just need to switch it off and on when flicking between viewer and canvas, or have a 1024x576 timeline and leave zoom on. Its not such a huge problem, its just nice to keep round things round.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]