2461, DCI color space

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Cannon
2461, DCI color space
on May 4, 2011 at 11:28:33 pm

Hi,

A question about the DCI gamut support on the 2461:

I'll be working with it and Davinci Resolve in a situation where some projects will be monitored in 1080p 23.98 Rec. 709 444 RGB over 3Gb/s SDI and a second client display is HDMI to a Panasonic Plasma (no trouble there).

But now I will have some projects going out via SDI to a projector as 2048x1080 24p DCI 444 XYZ, and could use the Flanders as a second monitor. It looks like it will accept and display and (optionally) scale a 2048x1080 24p signal, and display DCI colors, but what will it do with an XYZ image?

And if the answer is "appear green," any suggestions?

KC

prehistoricdigital.com
hardworkingpixels.com

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
Re: 2461, DCI color space
on May 5, 2011 at 2:20:39 am

The LM-2461W will accept a DCI P3 RGB signal and display it properly, but it will not convert a DCI XYZ signal to RGB for display on the monitor.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
on May 5, 2011 at 3:00:36 pm

I would assume an RGB to XYZ lut in the resolve output would solve this?

Chris Hall
Colorist - Basher Films
Pasadena, CA

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on May 5, 2011 at 3:41:28 pm

Well, kind of - that would fix it for the Flanders but then the projector would be receiving RGB also... to my knowledge there is no way to output different LUTs on the different outputs of the Deckink card... so one or the other will need a 3D LUT applied between the Resolve and the display, either RGB>XYZ into the projector or XYZ>RGB into the Flanders.

Which might be just as well, since I think my scopes won't operate with XYZ either...

KC

prehistoricdigital.com
hardworkingpixels.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]