FORUMS: list search recent posts

LM-2461W LCD vesus OLED

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Higgins
LM-2461W LCD vesus OLED
on Apr 19, 2011 at 4:51:03 pm

So I have been looking at the TVLogic LEM-150 OLED it is very sweet like the best image I have ever seen, its very small 15" for 6k, the size is definitely and issue.

I am also intrigued by Flanders because they seem to be a pretty scrappy company that gets great reviews. Also I have access to Klein k-10's but no other calibration tool. That is also a factor for purchase, I really need a product that works with Klein k-10.

Is the LM-2461W worth checking out?

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
Re: LM-2461W LCD vesus OLED
on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:26:58 pm

Our product does integrate with the K-10, though as with any filter based colorimeter we strongly suggest that the probe have display specific offsets programmed into it to deal with whatever spectral distribution will be encountered.

However, our preferred alignment tool is the Minolta CA-210 or CA-310. The CA-210 allows you to store 99 different offset files and recall them instantly without having to use a PC (connects directly to monitor). We sell and rent that alignment tool (with spectroradiometer determined offsets for all FSI models preprogrammed). We will also recalibrate your unit for FREE as often as you like, for as long as you own the unit, even outside of the warranty period. You simply pay for freight to/from our office, but the service itself is free. For customers that own only 1 or a few FSI monitors this is often times the most economical solution. Full details on alignment options/workflow can be found here: http://www.flandersscientific.com/index/Calibration .

I'm not an objective source for information on comparisons vs. other brands so I'll limit my feedback simply to say that our LM-2461W is native 1920x1200 resolution, not 1366x768.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:31:39 pm

[Alexander Higgins] "Is the LM-2461W worth checking out?"

As you probably know, we only run Flanders Scientific in our facility. 2460W, 2461W, 1760W and 1770W are all here. The 2461W simply builds on the outstanding foundation of the FSI lineup.

I looked at some OLED monitors while I was in Vegas but saw nothing that said to me, "Well you REALLY need to step up to these vs. the Flanders."

There was nothing that showed me the reason why I had to pay a premium to get any sort of perceived increase in image quality. What we are seeing on these FSI monitors is exactly what I'm seeing when our shows are broadcast at home or via the web.

Also remember the 30 day money back guarantee. I'm not aware of anyone else in the industry that offers this type of guarantee so essentially you can demo the monitor in your facility for a month and decide if it's right for you. If not, simply return it and go get the monitor of your choice. That's the main reason why I'm so comfortable recommending these monitors, because quite frankly, they are not for everyone. But if it isn't FSI will take it back, no questions asked.

I put FSI right up there with AJA Video Systems in no only the quality of the product, but the quality of the service after the sale.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:55:33 pm

And Walter, I might add that they are pretty nice and pleasant to deal with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]