FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Flanders Scientific LM-2461W Revealed!

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
walter biscardi
New Flanders Scientific LM-2461W Revealed!
on Mar 18, 2011 at 10:12:31 pm

Dan Desmet had a little surprise for me today when he came in to deliver our new LM-2460W. It's been upgraded to the LM-2461W and boy does it have some cool new features!

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/21213400?byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
Re: New Flanders Scientific LM-2461W Revealed!
on Mar 20, 2011 at 2:03:26 am

Dan is one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. His products and company are a pleasure to work with. We have 4 FSI monitors here. Great to see him announcing the new product

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
on Mar 21, 2011 at 4:22:51 pm

Press Release for the LM-2461W can be found here for those interested: http://www.flandersscientific.com/index/LatestNews

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

Jack Kemp
on May 31, 2011 at 12:03:18 am

Hi There Walt,

Jack Kemp here, all the way from Australia.

I am currently setting up a studio here for a company called the NRS GROUP. At this stage I am setting up the edit suit,

http://www.lrs.nrsgroup.com.au

As current we are running MAC PRO *2011* 2x2.93Ghz (12-core) with 64Gb Ram.

Running FCP 70.3 as well as Adobe Master collection.

However we are going to upgrade to DaVinci Resolve and as such are upgrading our entire suite for working with RED, ALEXA and HD.

Just wondering if you could give me some insight into whether or not this FSI monitor would do the job?

Only reason I ask is because the Monitor that was quoted to me (name escapes me) is very similar

I.e True 10bit panel.
Calibration Method - hardware, Colour LUT - 16bit 3D,
Colour Proc - 16bit, Colour Display - Pure 10bit, Gamut -
Adobe 98, Resolution - 1920x1200, Inputs - Dual Link
HD-SDI, DVI/VGA.

However its price tag is $15000. So naturally as a result I would rather have this monitor if its a similar option.

Can the FSI load LUTS into it or does it come standard with 1 set option only?

anyway sorry for the long post.

From all the way here in Australia, Best wishes.

Jack Kemp,

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on May 31, 2011 at 1:10:29 am

Yeah, the monitor will more than do the job. We have it in our theater which is all set up for RED projects. A very good friend, long time colorist, does almost nothing but RED on his Flanders monitor.

Yes, you can set up LUTs, though we've never had to.

Keep in mind, the monitor comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. So if you don't like it, you send it back. I've yet to have anyone else offer me that. :)

We run 5, soon to be 6 of these monitors in our shop. They're just flat out incredible. Also keep in mind, you can email Bram, Dan, Johan or anyone else at FSI and they will give you all the details on exactly what you can and cannot do with the monitor. They're not salesmen, they're engineers. They design these monitors and they want to make sure you fully understand what it is you're purchasing. If the monitor is not suitable for your situation, they'll tell you straight up.

I'm sure you'll find what you need with these guys.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Jack Kemp
on May 31, 2011 at 1:19:32 am

Mate,

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

I have read many of your posts but this was my first to write on.
So thank you for the build of confidence in this site.

I will contact the guys direct and have a chat. This should save me about $10k I F*&*ing stoked!

Excuse the french.

Kind Regards,

Jack Kemp

Return to posts index

Andrae Palmer
on Jul 13, 2011 at 9:36:49 pm

Jack,

The Color Fidelity Engine on the FSI monitors can load internal hard wired LUTs but not external LUTs. So no you cannot load LUTs into the monitor. Had a great response from Bram Desmet via email on the subject but I'll leave it upto FSI to post on this matter.

Davinci Resolve Mac 7.1:
Mac Pro 12-Core
24GB (six 4GB) memory
ATI Radeon HD 5770 and NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 3D+

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
on Jul 13, 2011 at 11:27:52 pm

Andrae is correct. The LM-2461W does not import custom LUTs, but rather has a series of built in and fully calibrated color space selections that are managed by our Color Fidelity Engine, which is a series of instantly selectable (many people say instantly loadable) 64x64x64 Matrix 3D LUTs including Rec 709, EBU, SMPTE C, DCI P3, and Native Wide Gamut mode. Our new high level overview video covers this and some of the other basic highlights of this particular monitor:

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]