FORUMS: list search recent posts

FSI Audio Meters and Source Viewer Audio

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
FSI Audio Meters and Source Viewer Audio
on Feb 3, 2011 at 4:59:35 am

I really like the horizontal audio meters in the latest firmware upgrade (9.38). Actually I'm not sure if they are new or not since I only used the vertical meters before. I was playing back some clips in the source viewer that I know have audio on channels 1 through 4, yet the FSI meters were only showing activity on 1 & 2. Is that normal?

Lee
SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Euphonix MC Transport • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
Re: FSI Audio Meters and Source Viewer Audio
on Feb 3, 2011 at 12:16:23 pm

The monitor shows you what it is receiving so if you see no audio on channels 3 and 4 then the monitor is almost certainly not receiving a signal with audio embedded on those channels. So I guess the question is how do you 'know' that you have audio on those channels? I would check your edit and I/O settings because if the monitor shows no audio it is because it sees no audio present.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Feb 3, 2011 at 1:09:02 pm

My FCP source viewer indicates that I have waveforms on channels 1 through 4. Channels 5 through 8 don't have any waveforms. I know this is the FSI forum, but this question also deals with FCP and the Matrox MX02 box I have in the chain before the monitor.

So if I indeed have a clip in the source viewer that has audio on more than two channels, should I see that activity on a FSI monitor while outputting through a MX02? I'm not looking to find fault with the monitor. I just don't know if FCP actually outputs all the channels in the first place and secondly if FCP does pass the signal, does the MX02 pass them along the SDI path to the monitor?

Can anyone that has the same equipment confirm this?

thanks

Lee
SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Euphonix MC Transport • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Feb 4, 2011 at 6:42:42 pm

I found out that changing the Audio Output parameters in Sequence Settings will allow 8 channels of monitoring of clips loaded in the Source Viewer on the FSI monitor.

Lee
SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]