FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flanders Scientific Substitute

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Abbott
Flanders Scientific Substitute
on Jul 9, 2010 at 12:58:35 am

Greetings,

I have a small video editing business that I just started up. Not quite an amateur, but my business is new enough not to be 'professional'... anyway, I'm looking for a substitute to a broadcast monitor. Eventually, I'll get one, but in the meantime, I need something less expensive.

At my last job, they recommended using a monitor or plasma (something like that) and buying a box or driver that will do the job.

What kind of screen and box? Is this something to do with Blackmagic and MXO I've been hearing about?

-Nathan

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
Re: Flanders Scientific Substitute
on Jul 21, 2010 at 3:36:23 pm

Blackmagic intensity HDMI out into a Panasonic Nero Plasma.

s

Return to posts index

Nathan Abbott
on Aug 6, 2010 at 4:16:41 pm

Ah, thank you. That is what a friend told me to do as well. Much appreciated.

na

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 21, 2010 at 4:04:29 pm

Plasma screens have floating white points and you'll have to figure a way to calibrate it. They are nice screens, but we calibrate ours to the FSIs.

As this is an FSI forum, not exactly the place to ask what to replace it with since my answer would be there is really nothing that does replace the FSI. You're asking to compare a fully accurate broadcast monitor to another product that might work.

If you are willing to spend money on a "box and a plasma" you're going to be at least halfway to the FSI 1760W. If you are "going to need a broadcast monitor eventually" why not start out with the right monitor to begin with? You can use an MXO or an AJA product to drive the monitor.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]