FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video file corrupted

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vishnu Mulliappa
Video file corrupted
on Oct 15, 2012 at 4:05:26 am

Hi,

I shot lots of video using my Nikon D7000 during my recent trip to Disney Land. Accidentally I switched-off my camera, during one of the shots, while it was still writing to the memory card. When I downloaded the .MOV files to my computer, all the files after the corrupted file doesn't play in any of the players. It throws the following error when played in QuickTime

"Error-2048: Couldn't open the file DSC_2090.MOV because it is not a file that QuickTime understands."

However I'm able to play the video clips in my camera without any issues. I tried few video repair utilities, like Grau Gbr, none of them seems to resolve the problem.

Please help!

Return to posts index

Chariat Johns
Re: Video file corrupted
on Jan 4, 2013 at 7:19:13 am

Hello Vishnu,

You said that you accidentally switched off your digital camera. Such accidental mishaps leads to memory card corruption and it even corrupts the files present in that memory card. The error you are encountering says that the MOV file is corrupt. However luckily you can fix error MOV with the help of MOV repair software, Click here to download the software

Return to posts index

Vishnu Mulliappa
Re: Video file corrupted
on Mar 7, 2013 at 6:36:08 am

Hi Chariat,

Thanks for your response and my apologies for delayed reply - I didn't log into CreativeCow lately. I downloaded Movrepair and tried to fix the corrupted file, however I'm getting 'Unsupported Format' error after selecting the files and clicking repair. Is there any other similar tools available to fix this issue? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]