FORUMS: list search recent posts

What camera would be best for filming with motion tracking in mind?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Chopra
What camera would be best for filming with motion tracking in mind?
on Sep 5, 2012 at 5:03:25 pm

Hi all,

Not sure which forum to put this question on as its quite a broad general question I guess..

I need to rent a camera and want to get the best one for motion tracking that will have minimal motion blur or compression that etc so the motion track can be as solid as possible, a camera that isn't too expensive and importantly not too BIG as it will be filmed handheld and the smaller the more steady we will be able to get it.

Any suggestions?

Would a DSLR like the Canon 5 or 7D be good enough? Any known issues with motion tracking off footage shot on one of these?

thanks

http://www.cascadepictures.co.uk

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: What camera would be best for filming with motion tracking in mind?
on Sep 6, 2012 at 6:11:09 pm

It's not really the camera so much as how visible and what type of motion tracking markers you're using and of course what sort of software you plan to use to track it.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Chopra
Re: What camera would be best for filming with motion tracking in mind?
on Sep 17, 2012 at 11:07:48 am

Thanks Noah

I really just wanted to cover my bases and the consensus appears to be that the rolling shutter used by DSLR cameras can create problems with fast panning that even high end motion tracking software can have issues with.

I will be likely going with a CCD camera and shooting at a high frame rate to help rid the motion blur as much as possible. I will be using either 'mocha' or 'camera traker' but may have access to 'boujou' when the time comes so not worried about the quality of the software.

thanks again

Jeremy

http://www.cascadepictures.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]