FORUMS: list search recent posts

t4i or t3i or something else??

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joey davis
t4i or t3i or something else??
on Sep 1, 2012 at 3:18:53 pm

Im trying to decide between buying a 650d/t4i with an 18-135 STM lens. Or i could buy a 600d/t3i (i'm guessing having magic lantern is a massive advantage- but obviously the 650 doesn't support this).

If i buy the 600d it will be cheap enough for me to also get a canon 50mm 1.8 prime and Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

I was also thinking of possibly the Sigma 30mm 1.4 prime.

This will be my first dslr but i have been shooting for a while on z1s/ex1s.

Im going to use it for short docs/ news reports and possibly also the odd basic green screen shoot with a presenter.

People have told me to think about the gh2 but i dont like the look of it. I was thinking i could save up and buy a 5d mark ii as they are a lot cheaper now.

Anyone offer any advice regarding 600d or 650d?

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: t4i or t3i or something else??
on Sep 1, 2012 at 4:59:23 pm

All I can say is that I'm still quite happy with my T2i so I would go for the lower end model and investing in better glass. Since this will be your first time shooting video on a DSLR as a primary activity, now is a great time to get used to the format and learn all the ins and outs. You will find for documentary and news work you will have to invest in sound gear or else the camera will be unusable for those uses. Glass is always a good investment and I would put sound in the same category. The advantages of the T4i over even the T2i are not so great that I would rush to buy the T4i, the 7D or the 5D Mark II are another matter entirely...if I could afford either I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

joey davis
Re: t4i or t3i or something else??
on Sep 1, 2012 at 5:14:25 pm

thanks steve,

yes im going to go for the t3i- with the canon 50mm 1.8 prime and tamron 17-50 2.8 zoom lens.

i think like you say, the 5d mark ii is too much of a step up for me.

i think i will buy the rode videomic pro and perhaps some wireless seinheisser mics.

can you recommend any other accessories- a monopod perhaps?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]