FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opinions on Digital Lantern firmware?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Chavez
Opinions on Digital Lantern firmware?
on Aug 29, 2012 at 5:24:41 am

Hello all. First post. I wanted to ask if anyone had had trouble with digital lantern bricking their camera. I am hesitant as I was reading the install PDF upon their acknowledgement that "This firmware upgrade can damage and destroy your camera" (or something to that effect).

I am wondering if anyone has actually had this firmware upgrade give them grief or destroy their camera? Specifically, I am using a Canon 60D.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks.

Gabe

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: Opinions on Digital Lantern firmware?
on Aug 29, 2012 at 6:55:20 am

Using ML on my 550D for quite a time now. No real problems. With earlier versions the camera sometimes "froze". Even switching the camera off didn't work. Had to remove the batteries, wait a couple of seconds and restart. Since the December 2011 version, ML is stable on my cam.

What ML does: It eats batteries (can confirm that) and it is said to allow overheating faster (never had that problem).

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Me on Twitter (english/german)
http://twitter.com/FastFoodVideo

Return to posts index

Casey Petersen
Re: Opinions on Digital Lantern firmware?
on Aug 29, 2012 at 2:14:34 pm

I've had it on 3 60Ds with no problem. However, I prefer the December 2011 version to the one released last month...it added a few nice features, but took away a couple that I got accustomed to using. Overall, highly recommend ML!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]