FORUMS: list search recent posts

Budget LCD for focusing on GH2

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noelle Bye
Budget LCD for focusing on GH2
on Aug 9, 2012 at 8:56:39 pm

I saw a similar post on this, but it didn't quite answer my question. I am in the market for an inexpensive (yes, I know) LCD with focus peaking and preferably zebra, but focus is the most critical component. There is no way I can afford a SmallHd. That's a pipe dream. At the highest end of my range is the Sony CLM-V55, but I'd have to buy it used. On the more practical end, are the Lilliput 5d/II/O/P or the F&V F1. Has anyone had experience with either or both of these that can give me some advice? Are there any others in the sub-$300 range I should be considering?

Thanks much!

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: Budget LCD for focusing on GH2
on Aug 10, 2012 at 4:35:51 am

Noelle - I'm saving up for a DLC Swivi 5.6" swivel monitor ($280 refurb'd at Amazon)

It's like a giant version of your GH2's LCD, with peaking and stereo speakers. Andrew Reid at eoshd thinks highly of it: http://www.eoshd.com/content/8189/an-affordable-articulated-screen-with-pea...

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

Noelle Bye
on Aug 10, 2012 at 4:46:11 am

I wasn't sure if the swivi worked with the GH2. Hmmm...that's definitely a monitor to factor in if they'll place nice together. I'm hoping to find a good alternative to the Lilliput, because their build quality is lacking and I've had problems with those monitors in the past.

Return to posts index

Noelle Bye
on Aug 10, 2012 at 4:51:44 am

I spoke too soon...the article says GH2 and NEX owners should give the swivi a miss. It has issues with hdmi, apparently. *sigh* Disappointed -- looks like a good monitor :(

Return to posts index

Stephen de Vere
on Sep 12, 2012 at 9:47:01 am

Has anyone tried the Savebase 'H005' 5.6" 1280x800 HD monitor with peaking at $250 incl shipping ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&isRelated=1&item=12097714...

It seems to have the same spec as the 5.6" TVLogic VFM-056W at $1,100 except it has only HDMI and composite vid input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]