FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paint on my touchscreen!

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Carr
Paint on my touchscreen!
on Aug 9, 2012 at 5:12:49 pm

A recent shoot at a renovation site... an unexpected paint cloud blow-by... a GH2 kit sprinkled with Krylon droplets. Lens, body, LCD touchscreen.

I did not try and clean it immediately, having had a similar experience with an audio recorder-- when I tried to clean that, the droplets smeared into a film that dried instantly; the undisturbed droplets more slowly hardened into bumps that were gently pried off, their tiny stain footprints cleaned with damp microfiber / lens cleaner.

The lens glass had a protective $25 UV filter that took most of the hit; it scrubbed off well enough.

However, the "let the droplets dry" concept did not work on the GH2 body, lens barrel and especially not on the touchscreen, maybe because they were micro-droplets. I do not want to scrub hard on the LCD without some more knowledge.

Anyone out there with direct, actual experience in cleaning nasty stuff off an LCD touchscreen? How about the camera body? I'd rather not experiment with theoretical advice, war stories have better (and bitter) truths.

Thanks...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]