FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a field monitor with HDMI output

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alec Davis
Looking for a field monitor with HDMI output
on Jul 26, 2012 at 1:19:54 am

I'm working on a production using the 7D and we're in the process of looking for field monitors. The DP is asking me to find a field monitor with an HDMI input and also an HDMI output so we can connect the 7D to the field monitor and then have another HDMI cable running from the field monitor out to a stationary monitor back in video village.

In the past I've only ever used HDMI splitters to connect two monitors to a DSLR, so I've never heard of anything like this.

Google didn't yield any fruitful leads so I'm turing to you guys. Anybody know of anything that meets this requirement?

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Looking for a field monitor with HDMI output
on Jul 26, 2012 at 2:14:45 am

A quick google search of "field monitor with hdmi loop out" returned some results. Marshall Electronics has a few, here is a random one that I just came across-
http://www.lcdracks.com/monitors/model/V-LCD70XP-HDIPT.php

How long is the purposed HDMI run to the stationary monitor? As I'm sure you know, HDMI has it's limits. Another possible solution for you, if your current stationary monitor and the new field monitor you choose have HD-SDI input, could be the AJA HA-5, Blackmagic HDMI to SDI or the battery powered Atomos H2S. Each of these have one HDMI input and two HD-SDI outputs. But that may or may not work for you.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Looking for a field monitor with HDMI output
on Jul 26, 2012 at 4:39:31 pm

[Alec Davis] "In the past I've only ever used HDMI splitters to connect two monitors to a DSLR, so I've never heard of anything like this."

Why don't you just use a splitter?

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]