FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY Video Lights with Gels

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Carlielle
DIY Video Lights with Gels
on Jul 19, 2012 at 5:00:55 pm

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share a tutorial I made demonstrating how I created a couple video lights for creative lighting. These are a great way to add creativity and production value to your videos, and I suggest you build yourself 1 or 2 if you are interested at all in making videos. Please feel free to use epoxy or glue if you don't have a welder, however I do recommend using aluminum still, as it dissipates the heat quickly.

Thanks and let me know what you think!
Tim

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: DIY Video Lights with Gels
on Jul 19, 2012 at 9:10:44 pm

I must admit I only watched the introduction but what I would suggest is doing another version of this tutorial using LED or even fluorescent lighting instead of the halogen-based worklights which get very hot and are very hard to control where the light goes since they just kind of blast the light out. As I said, I didn't watch the entire video so I don't know if you covered any kind of barn door type arrangement where you could more easily direct the light.

Your presentation style and videography were quite good so congrats on that. Also the dog was very cute too!!!

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

Tim Carlielle
on Jul 21, 2012 at 2:20:16 pm

Steve,

Thanks for the comment! I truthfully made this more for practise than anything, as I am planning on making more tutorials over the next year. It is definitely on the list of projects to redo. Do you know of any cheap LED lighting that could be 'hacked' into a video light?

Tim

Return to posts index

Albert Solan
on Jul 20, 2012 at 2:14:34 pm

I'm watching it while I'm writing this. I hear your voice only in the left channel, except when your voice is in off.
But thank you.

Return to posts index

Tim Carlielle
on Jul 21, 2012 at 2:21:32 pm

I messed up the channels. Forgot to check the box when I was importing the footage. Sorry about that!

Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]