FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tokina 11-16

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt love
Tokina 11-16
on Jul 12, 2012 at 6:28:25 pm

I was looking at this lens as it has got good reviews all around. My only concern is the manual focus doesnt seem to be conducive with shooting video. Anyone with any experience shooting video and rolling focus with this lens it would be great to hear your opinions.

Matt

Return to posts index

Andy Schroeder
Re: Tokina 11-16
on Jul 13, 2012 at 1:24:19 am

I use this lens for video a fair amount with my Nikon D3200, and before that with my D3100. I really only ever shoot video with manual focus, so the lack of auto on it didn't bother me. In fact, I appreciate using this one for pulling focus manually more than my nikkor lenses because it has a built in scale to tell you how far off the subject matter is, i.e. 1ft, 2ft, 5ft, etc... Whereas on the nikkor lenses there are no distance indicators, you have to mark them yourself with tape or if you can afford one get a follow focus.

Return to posts index

Michael Locke
Re: Tokina 11-16
on Jul 17, 2012 at 1:53:04 pm

Hi Matt,

Yes, one of the best third-party lenses you can buy, dollar-for-dollar. Manual 9-blade aperture, hard-stop at infinity (Canon?), and good glass. If Duclos Lenses bothers to do a cine-mod on it,

http://www.ducloslenses.com/products/duclos-11-16mm

it's a worthwhile lens. It is an APS-C only lens (not full-frame compatible), but exactly what you need with that crop factor. I love mine, first zoom I could afford (5mm seems minor in focal length, but it's an 82-108 degree field of view range). Anything wider is fish-eye.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]