FORUMS: list search recent posts

QR Plates for Flycam / Tripod work

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Reuter
QR Plates for Flycam / Tripod work
on May 20, 2012 at 12:18:39 am

Just posted this on DVX User but got no response, was hoping you guys could help out.

Right now I have a T2i. The only two mountain surfaces I currently have are a Dolica Proline 60" carbon fiber tripod and a Flycam DSLR Nano. At some point, I'd like to get a dolly and also a fluid head tripod for video.

As a result, I'd like to build a QR system so I can just detach and attach the camera to the various mounts. I really like the QR plate that comes with the Dolica, but I don't think they sell just the base for it.

The adapter that comes with the FLycam really sucks. I mean it holds the camera well and all, but there is no lock and the base plate doesn't detach without a coin or a screwdriver. Stupid.

Was looking at the Manfrotto 323 system, but I read that it's no good for Flycam because the lock bar extends beyond the plane of the base plate, so it won't attach to the flat surface of the flycam.

What else should I be looking at? The Manfrotto 577? it's a big pricey but if it's the best option then I'm OK with it. I heard someone say Arca Swiss. I'd like something that is pretty flexible but will hold the camer in place well when I'm flying it. Don't want to lose the camera or anything!

Someone else suggested Arca Swiss. What's the advantage to Arca Swiss vs. Manfortto or otherwise?

Also I currently have a Dolica Proline 65" tripod. I can't tell if it's already Arca compatible (which would certianly be easier and save me some money).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]