FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to DSLR video

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Denny Kyser
New to DSLR video
on Mar 17, 2010 at 12:00:16 pm

I am very new to DSLR video, I have been doing a little video for the last few years but want to take advantage of the nice Canon glass I own. I will be selling my Sony EX1r which is a great video camera but way overkill for the amount of video I do.

I currently have the 70-200 2.8 IS II, 24-105, 16-35 and 100 macro, what other lenses would you suggest. I am going to be picking up a 5D II to go with my 1D IV, and will take advantage of the camera lens rebates that are out there.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ryan Orr
Re: New to DSLR video
on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:12:36 pm

Denny...I wouldn't sell your EX1 until you get your 5DM2 and do some homework with it. HD-DSLRs have a ton of issues with video that some may not know about. I'm not saying that there isn't workarounds for these issues. Many ppl have developed techniques to get these HD-DSLR to work for them, but still. I would advise to just play around with your 5D and all your lenses, and see if you really want to go that route.

Return to posts index

Denny Kyser
on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:17:17 pm

I will go with another HD camcorder also, For the video work I do, I feel a HMC150 or XHA1 and a 5d II to go along with the 1D IV would be smarter. I make my living doing photography, so having a back up to my 1D IV and 1DS III would not hurt.

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:22:51 pm

I would recommend to you the Canon 50mm f1.4, great for those shallow dof shots

My Canon 7D Blog

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:28:13 pm

[Norman Pogson] "I would recommend to you the Canon 50mm f1.4, great for those shallow dof shots"

Totally agree or the 1.2 if you really want to splurge. Also the 85mm is awesome. It's hard to go wrong with Canon glass. :)

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Mar 22, 2010 at 12:55:45 am

Try this link. Depending on your budget, there are some great suggestions here and I read that Zeiss has a new set of lenses just for Canon DSLRs (again, depends on your budget):

http://nofilmschool.com/dslr/

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]