FORUMS: list search recent posts

Light field videography!

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Buddy Couch
Light field videography!
on May 15, 2012 at 11:08:56 pm

Most of you have probably seen the light field camera that came out recently. This is the first time that I heard it mentioned as a possibility for video! Would be amazing to film and never worry about focus.

http://news.yahoo.com/the-next-digital-image-revolution-.html

Buddy

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Light field videography!
on May 16, 2012 at 1:59:06 am

I will have to read that article. I just wrotea fantasy type post on my blog about what kind of super hd dslr camera you could end up with if you extended light field tech into video and beyond

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

Buddy Couch
on May 16, 2012 at 11:51:42 am

I will have to check that out then :). The possibilities are amazing there is no doubt about it. It is really fun to live in the times that we do, as I think the most exciting thing to come from my grandfathers generation he couldn't play with! Maybe landing on the moon, I dunno hehe.

Buddy Couch
Enfocus Studios

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on May 23, 2012 at 5:37:18 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I was just editing last night and had a clip just a step too soft...arghhh...wish I could fine tune the focus. Especially when shooting on the DSLR's. Small screen doesn't help.

I don't understand why they didn't license the technology. It would open up it to all the companies and get developed even further. Plus, they would be billionaire's!

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite