FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are DSLR's still being used for broadcast TV? And should they be?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lydia Sludden
Are DSLR's still being used for broadcast TV? And should they be?
on May 10, 2012 at 4:30:58 pm

To all directors, DOP's and industry professionals, I am taking out a study on DSLR's and would like to know:

In your opinion and experience are DSLR cameras still being used for TV broadcast production?
(Purely TV not for online content) Are you choosing to use them and why/why not?

And if possible please include your job role/company in your answer.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Are DSLR's still being used for broadcast TV? And should they be?
on May 10, 2012 at 5:35:00 pm

I come from the online world but TV and commercial shooters are definitely still using HD DSLRs - read some of the trade publications and you will find plenty of examples. Check out DSLRnewsShooter.com for insight into how some in the news business are moving away from bulky and expensive videocameras for certain news features, docs and interview situations.

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

Lydia Sludden
on May 12, 2012 at 8:16:20 pm

Ok, Thanks Steve, will check it out!

Return to posts index

Tyler Grutsch
on Jun 4, 2012 at 2:08:27 pm

Lydia,

I direct a morning show at a television station, all our studio cameras are not DSLR. However, I have worked on many shows where DSLR's are still relevant and used, from commercial work for broadcast to nationally airing television shows. As for the question, should they be used for broadcast. They are cheap, have relatively quick work flow in post, and compact. Once the new generations get the audio figured out, I could see journalists being equipped with one to do news stories. Just my thoughts, take what you want and leave the rest...

Tyler Grutsch
Team Lazer Productions LLC
http://www.youtube.com/user/tylergrutsch
Missoula, MT
406-396-9253

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]