FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Camera for shooting Real Estate...

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Gill
Best Camera for shooting Real Estate...
on May 9, 2012 at 5:16:25 pm

I own a company and need to purchase 20 cameras and train individuals using these cameras. Want to get as much bang for my buck. Need a camera that shoots great with difficult contrast situations. Pretty good in low light without giving up daylight quality. Need a camera that has a simple manual aperture ring. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm very familiar with the Canon 7D but would like a VIDEO only camera if I can get it for less. Would love to spend less than 750 per camera. Looking for a good discount buying many cameras at once. Thanks. Steve

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Best Camera for shooting Real Estate...
on May 10, 2012 at 1:48:56 pm

I don't know of any videocameras with a manual aperture ring, you can probably find some with manual aperture control but that might be through on-screen buttons or some kind of jog wheel...the videocameras I am familiar with don't really offer direct aperture control, they do have "gain" control which is different.

To handle high contrast situations I think that right away puts you in the large sensor chip arena but at your price point the only option I know of is the Canon T2i which IS a DSLR that has basically the same video capabilities as the 7D but with a few less high end ISOs and a different control layout. It's the camera I use and I love it

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: Best Camera for shooting Real Estate...
on May 24, 2012 at 1:34:38 am

Hi Steve - the Panasonic HDC-HS900K is the closest camera to meeting your requirements at the ~$750 price point. It has manual iris control with the lens ring, and produces high quality images in high contrast situations. It is OK in low light, but not the greatest. I have the flash memory version of this camera, the TM900, and it does a great job both indoors and out.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]