FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lens choices for filming video-specifically fashion/models/faces

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Hone
Lens choices for filming video-specifically fashion/models/faces
on Apr 4, 2012 at 7:48:14 am

Hi all, I'm after some advice on lens choice for filming fashion models, behind the scenes style.

The filming I'm doing (and will be doing a whole lot more of) are fashion shoots. I work with an art director friend (I also used to be a fashion art director back in the day)

I film the model doing her thing, whether inside or outside, then put it together along with the actual finished retouched shot from the shoot. they are working out pretty well so far.

I've got a Canon 60D and the lenses I've used/had access to are:

1. A friends Canon 24-105L f4
2. A Super Takumar 50mm f1.8

The Canon was used with auto focus, the Takumar manual focus. The little Japanese lens feels great in the hand, and manual focus feels good to use too. I'm looking at a stabiliser (hand held gives that certain look which is fine) but I'm looking at smoother 'flying' motion to combine with the hand held stuff.

Thing is I can't keep borrowing my mates L lens the Takumar is great for what it does, but I could do with some advice on a second lens (that could end up being my weapon of choice) that works in conjunction with a stabiliser brilliantly.

Cheers
Mick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]