FORUMS: list search recent posts

Price drop on other Canon DSLRs with release of 5Dmk III??

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Azoni
Price drop on other Canon DSLRs with release of 5Dmk III??
on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:23:55 am

I'm considering purchasing a 60D or a 7D, but I'm wondering if the prices might drop with the release of the 5Dmk III. I'm thinking probably not, but wondering if anyone has any predictions.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Price drop on other Canon DSLRs with release of 5Dmk III??
on Mar 13, 2012 at 3:05:39 pm

With the release of every new model, the older ones get cheaper. Right now the mark II is $2200. It used to be $2500. See? It's already cheaper. I expect to see it drop below $2k to about $1800 before you won't be able to buy 'em new anymore.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

John Azoni
on Mar 13, 2012 at 3:46:56 pm

Right, I figure the price of the 5D mkII will drop, but I am wondering specifically about the 7D and the 60D.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Mar 13, 2012 at 4:08:45 pm

Well, consider this: how often will you really use it? A couple days a month? Every day? Rentals are as cheap as $100 or less for a weekend for a 7D (depends on where you live and how close the rental place is). A lens or 2 will cost more, of course and some include batteries and some don't. Point is this: rather than wait around for a camera to get cheap, rent it cheaper than you can buy and you don't get stuck with yesterday's technology.

Besides that, check pawn shops, ebay, and craigslist. I know people who have gotten smokin' deals in all 3 places (even thrift stores!) if you don't mind used.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]