FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt .DAT file from DSLR (need assistance recovering it please!!)

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beaumont Loewenthal
Corrupt .DAT file from DSLR (need assistance recovering it please!!)
on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:17:07 am

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here.

Basically, I was using my Canon 600D to record a seminar and while I was doing so I had to quickly change batteries and pulled out the battery without stopping record. When I transferred the files, there was a .DAT file among my .movs. I did a quick search on Google and noticed that someone else had the same problem and through this I figured out that it must have been the battery thing. I did a test on my DSLR and pulled the battery out while recording again, and it created a .DAT file again, so it must mean that the camera isn't given time to create a .mov I'm guessing.

Anyway, after searching and downloading a lot of (useless) programs, I found out about Treasured, which is like a file recovery program and it showed me clips of my footage! But I would have to pay something barbaric to get them. But at least I know that the file has my actual video data in it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would go about extracting/recovering my data? Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Beau

Return to posts index

Zohur Miah
Re: Corrupt .DAT file from DSLR (need assistance recovering it please!!)
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:41:44 am

I have exactly the same problem. During recording a dance scene someone knocked over my tripod and the battry came out. I go home to find a DAT file instead of the dance! I also looked at Treasured but was very expensive!!!! I found fixdatfile.com which doesnt show prices on their site for some reason, but it cost me £10 to recover my 1.6GB dance clip. They also send u a preview like Treasured!

Return to posts index

Beaumont Loewenthal
Re: Corrupt .DAT file from DSLR (need assistance recovering it please!!)
on Feb 23, 2013 at 9:33:27 am

Hey Zohur,

Thanks for letting me know about that site if that ever happens in the future. Glad you got it fixed too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]