FORUMS: list search recent posts

what lens would be good for me?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Vallin
what lens would be good for me?
on Mar 2, 2012 at 7:29:34 am

I have the kit lens (18-55mm) and im looking to upgrade to a wide angle lens.The issue is im having trouble deciding.ive been looking at getting the canon 10-22mm but im getting the idea that not having image stabilization would be a problem due to my filming style.I record at car shows(paid) and the reason I want a wider lens is because when the cars park next to each other and I walk in bewteen the 2 cars I can't get much of the car showing.
here is an example of what I film(yes I recorded that)

any suggestions? No fish eyes.and my spending limit=900$

Return to posts index

Bill Willins
Re: what lens would be good for me?
on Mar 3, 2012 at 12:21:10 am

I bought the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM for $650 about a year and a half ago. I use it for architectural interiors and video footage on Canon 60D, which is not a full sensor camera. Couldn't,t be happier, holds it own when compared with some of my other Canon pro series lenses. Great lens or the money. BW

Return to posts index

Alex Frankland
Re: what lens would be good for me?
on Mar 4, 2012 at 9:47:18 am

[Alex Vallin] "any suggestions?"

Hey Alex,

My suggestion would be to check out the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 (http://www.tokinalens.com/products/tokina/atx116prodx-a.html). Extremely affordable and awesome if you can get your hands on it. I use it with my 7D and I find it to be great value for money.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]