FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is 7D footage appearing interlaced in canvas using FCE

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brittany Delph
Why is 7D footage appearing interlaced in canvas using FCE
on Jan 18, 2012 at 10:08:40 pm

I'm using FCE to edit a project after shooting on the Canon 7D for the first time. I used MPEG Streamclip to convert the footage to Apple Intermediate Codec (don't have FCP, so don't have the ability to use Apple ProRes). After importing the compressed files into Final Cut Express, they look great in the viewer, but appear interlaced in the canvas e.g. all the lines are very jagged, hideous, complete s*!t, even after rendering! Can someone help me figure out what's going on!? I've searched forever on the Vimeo forums and online but can't seem to find any answers. Here are more specifics about the original video files and the compression settings I used:

7D settings:
Shot at 1920x1080 @ 30fps
Used an 8GB memory card; not sure what type we rented the camera

MPEG Streamclip settings:
Compression: Apple Intermediate Codec (also tried Apple Motion JPEG A and got the same interlaced effect)
Quality: 100%
Frame Size: 1920x1080 (unscaled)
"Interlaced Scaling" - deselected

Please let me know if there's any other information that would be helpful. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help - I'm going crazy!

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Why is 7D footage appearing interlaced in canvas using FCE
on Jan 19, 2012 at 2:50:41 pm

My guess is that it has something to do with your sequence settings being different than the source/raw video you are importing...have you tried starting a new timeline and then dragging in one of your clips so that you get the dialog box asking you if you want fce to adjust the timeline settings to match the clip? If so be sure to select "yes" and let us know if that makes any difference.

Return to posts index

Brittany Delph
on Jan 19, 2012 at 7:43:15 pm

Yes! That is exactly what happened. Kind of a happy accident yesterday, I changed frame rate to 30fps into streamclip when I compressed the footage and then when I imported into FCP it asked if I wanted to adjust the timeline settings to match the clip. Voila, problem fixed. Thank you much!

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Jan 19, 2012 at 8:11:12 pm

No problem Brittany, glad it worked out for you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]