FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D Green Bar issue

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Castro
7D Green Bar issue
on Dec 30, 2011 at 10:22:51 am

I recently noticed these three green bars that appear on my footage when recording video on my 7D. At first I thought it would only show up when you set the aperture and shutter speed at extreme settings-- and then it started showing up in some of my shots again (primarily in not-so-great lighting situations... not necessarily low light-- but just plain overhead lights in an office rather than daylight temperature lights). I try to compensate by throwing my ISO way up... but I don't think it should be doing this. Has anyone else had this issue with their 7D or DSLR? I'm trying to figure out if there's something I can do on my own-- or if I need someone to repair it.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: 7D Green Bar issue
on Dec 30, 2011 at 4:11:50 pm

I'm not sure but it sound like what you are describing is flickering caused by fluorescent lighting - it could look like bars rolling up and down walls and other parts of the image. There have been several threads here on this forum (with screen shots) providing hints on how to repair footage damaged by fluorescent flickering and how to avoid it in the first place.

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
Re: 7D Green Bar issue
on Dec 30, 2011 at 6:48:15 pm

Throw up a frame if you can. As Steve mentioned it could be due to shooting incorrectly around fluorescent lighting - or could be a problem with the camera. Hard to tell without seeing it.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]