FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D rumour

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Mielle
7D rumour
on Dec 8, 2009 at 10:13:15 am

I just bought a Canon 7D and like everyone else, quite impressed with image quality but let down with the lack of manual audio. I've heard of a rumour that the next Canon firmware will rectify this issue. Has anyone else heard such a thing?

Return to posts index

Ryan Orr
Re: 7D rumour
on Dec 8, 2009 at 2:03:28 pm

Sources?

Personally, I hate rumors. I can hope for these cool features, but when it boils down to it, rumors are rumors, and until Canon gives a news release on a firmware update, I'm not going to worry about something that may or may not happen in the future.

But that would be darn cool.
Ryan~

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
on Dec 8, 2009 at 2:34:24 pm

While we can hope for this if history is an indicator (with the 5D MKII) I wouldn't count on it but I'd love to be proved wrong.

What you might be referring to is the Magic Lantern firmware that is in development of the 7D to provide a ton of features including manually audio.

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP

Return to posts index

Joel Mielle
on Dec 9, 2009 at 6:31:00 am

Yeah, you're probably right, the magic lantern. It's hard to comprehend that canon leaved out manual audio on the D5, designed to be a journalism camera, yet on the 7D they do the same thing knowing how much operators requested it for film usage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]