FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a DSLR Field Binder: Need Assistance

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Handler
Creating a DSLR Field Binder: Need Assistance
on Dec 11, 2011 at 4:50:43 pm

Hey guys,

A few months ago I picked up a Canon t3i for video. I'd never used a DSLR before so it's been an eye-opening experience to say the least. I've learned a lot, but I've often found that when I'm in the field trying to shoot video I'll forget or neglect a rule or basic principle and ruin an entire days worth of filming. With that in mind, I'm trying to compile a 3-ring binder with useful information about DSLRs and video work in general that I can carry in my camera bag and reference when I'm unsure of something.

I've been scouring the web for useful tips and charts. There's plenty of stuff out there, and plenty of things I've learned, but I'm having a tough time concisely locating it all.

So I ask you guys: Are there any indispensable tips you could share? Or websites you frequent with useful information, pointed information? Lastly--has anyone done this before and would be willing to share their findings (figured I'd ask, ha!)?

To get an idea what information I'm compiling, here's my table of contents thus far:

(1.0) General Field
1.0 useful DSLR Quotes
1.1 Framing
1.2 Rule of Thirds
1.3 Depth of Field Chart

(2.0) Lighting
2.1 3-point lighting
2.2 white balance

(3.0) Post Production
3.1 skin tones

Lastly, I'm compiling this in Open Office and it's a bit clunky (especially because I'm copy + pasting pictures in which sometimes screws up the text already there) so if anyone has a suggestion for a better program to create something like this in let me know.

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Creating a DSLR Field Binder: Need Assistance
on Dec 12, 2011 at 5:05:35 pm

My favorite site is here: http://nofilmschool.com/dslr/

Also, if you are into hacking a Mac, check out his Hackintosh info.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]