FORUMS: list search recent posts

From Still to Motion eBook DVD Content?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Collura
From Still to Motion eBook DVD Content?
on Dec 7, 2011 at 5:15:37 pm

Hi all, i recently purchased the eBook for iPad and was wondering where i could get a copy of the extra content on the "DVD" that obviously doesnt come with an eBook?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: From Still to Motion eBook DVD Content?
on Dec 8, 2011 at 2:40:49 pm

Um, sounds like a question for the publisher. Check their website, they usually have the content available for download there, just look up your book - the address will be in the colophon or masthead or copyright/publisher info.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:28:27 pm

Look in the last few pages of the eBook for a link

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Nick Collura
on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:51:22 pm

Hey Richard, Thanks so much for replying. However There are no links near the end. (i read online somewhere to look near the end) The last section is "What portion of My Screen Is Viewable," and then a page that says "rate this book"??? Screenshot attached.

I tried re-downloading it from the app store as well, thinking it wasn't a complete download.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Nick Collura
on Dec 8, 2011 at 7:03:43 pm

and i also created an account at peachpit.com and registered the book there thinking it would be available, but that didnt work either.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Dec 8, 2011 at 8:06:18 pm

from the Peachpit site (http://www.peachpit.com), go to Explore >> About Us. Choose Contact Us. Choose eBook Lesson Files Help. Here are the instructions (note: after the index or go to the last page which should be the back cover and scroll backwards - If it still isn't appearing, contact the publisher):

Here's the list verbatim:

Contact Us
eBook Lesson Files Help

Where are the lesson files?

All of Peachpit's eBooks contain the same content as the print copies. In terms of media content, you should find a link within the first or last few pages of each eBook that will direct you to the media files. Often eBooks open to the first page of the first chapter, and you must scroll back several pages to get to the front matter where the URL is located. For more current titles, you can locate the URL after the index.

Some other helpful tips:

If you are able to search the book, search for "Where are the lesson files?"
Go to the very last page of the book and scroll backwards.
If you are using a Kindle device or an iPad, it will not be able to access the files directly, but entering the URL into a computer with web access will allow you to get to the files.
If you are using an iPad to access your eBook, it is possible that your display settings will cut off part of the URL. To make sure this is not the case, try reducing your font size and turning your iPad to landscape view. This should cause the full URL to appear.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Nick Collura
on Dec 8, 2011 at 8:12:39 pm

Thanks Jonathan, but i assure you that before posting on here i followed all of the directions on Peachpit.com, and looked through forums, read comments about the book on iTunes, Amazon, and anywhere i could. A search for "where are the lesson files" returned no results in the eBook, and nowhere near the front or back of he eBook lies a link to the files. I'll contact peachpit.

Return to posts index

Nick Collura
on Dec 9, 2011 at 12:59:24 am

As a follow up, Peachpit customer support emailed me the link to the files, as there was no link in the eBook.

Return to posts index

Dennis Cummins
on Jul 16, 2012 at 5:00:53 pm

Apologies for dragging back up this thread. I recently purchased the ipad version from Still to motion, great book but where are all the video clips? After reading this thread I would have thought they would have sorted out this problem by now, obviously not. I emailed the publisher a few days ago but got nothing back.

Does anyone know where you can get the video clips? Am I missing something here?

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]