FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacement for Cinema Tools to batch conform for overcrank?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Halloran
Replacement for Cinema Tools to batch conform for overcrank?
on Nov 28, 2011 at 1:54:49 pm

Now that Apple has nixed Final Cut 7 Studio, I'm desperately looking for a long-term replacement for Cinema Tools. Specifically, I use it to batch conform 60 fps (shot on my 7D) to other frame rates (30, 24 etc) to achieve smooth slow motion.

I know that there are ways to conform clips one-at-a-time in After Effects, and I have found all sorts of tedious workarounds and cryptic suggestions to "go search the Adobe site." (I have, to no avail). But I am seeking a simple one-step batch conform tool that will convert like Cinema Tools.

Since 60 fps shooting is one of the great capabilities of the 7D, I cannot believe that Apple made the only tool in the world for easily conforming large batches. Help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Replacement for Cinema Tools to batch conform for overcrank?
on Nov 28, 2011 at 10:21:09 pm

Help? Does Cinema Tools no longer work? Cinema Tools works...and will work. Sure, it won't be updated, but if you have FCP7...you have Cinema Tools. You can only install CT on your computer if you want. And it will work.

What do you plan on editing the footage with anyway? Avid conforms internally...not sure what PPro does.

Crying wolf before the wolf is here.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Halloran
on Nov 28, 2011 at 10:34:41 pm

Cinema Tools works just fine-- and there's no "crying wolf" going on here: Just a desire to learn what the alternative options may be. My personal preference-- and it's just that-- is to migrate away from products that have reached EOL, and do it gradually.

I currently use FCP 7 and PP CS5: I am transitioning to Premiere, but still use Cinema Tools for batch conforming. Red Giant Grinder's trial version seems to be doing a decent job as well-- and I know they'll continue to support and improve it. Just wondering what long-time DSLR shooters are using.

Return to posts index

Joey Bania
on Feb 2, 2012 at 8:12:23 pm

Mark, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm completely baffled by the lack of any other apps like cinema tools, as the 60-24/25 batch conform feature has been an absolute staple of my workflow.

However, I've decided to switch to Adobe Premiere in the wake of FCX and am now lost without cinema tools. I don't have the luxury of installing it because I previously used FCP as a student on University computers.

Can anybody help? Please?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]