FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assistance needed with reading video footage filmed on canon and transfer to nikon on mac, not being read!

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Beatty
Assistance needed with reading video footage filmed on canon and transfer to nikon on mac, not being read!
on Nov 24, 2011 at 9:23:55 pm

I've shot footage on a canon, transfer card into nikon, now want to get the footage onto my mac. The mac isn't recognising the card. Can anyone help pls??? Thanks

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
Re: Assistance needed with reading video footage filmed on canon and transfer to nikon on mac, not being read!
on Nov 24, 2011 at 9:28:55 pm

How are you trying to read the card? With a card reader or inserted into your Nikon?

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

"Live, love, laugh and be happy."

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Assistance needed with reading video footage filmed on canon and transfer to nikon on mac, not being read!
on Nov 26, 2011 at 2:43:11 pm

I bet if you disconnect the Nikon from the Mac and still have the Canon camera in there that the Nikon can't read the files either - try that out. That's why the Mac can't see the card.

So don't use a camera to transfer your files - it's slow and from what I understand it doesn't transfer all the related files (like the .thm files) if you do it that. Card readers are cheap and a much better solution.

It's not surprising to me that a Nikon can't read a card formatted in a Canon camera but with a card reader it's easy breezy! :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]