but I do not know which one, I want to film for fun (make short
films and maybe documentaries, nothing too serious). These
are my requirements:

- Does not have to be a new one, I can find a used one
- HD (full or 1080i/p)
- Possibility to attach a external Mic
- Possibility to focus manually
- Budget: up till 650 dollar/500 euro's
- A trusted brand (not some Chinese unknown brand)
- As much FPS per second (I just love slow-motion)
- Record on a (internal or external) harddrive or flash card (no mini-dv)

Additional requirements (not necessary, but great if it's possible)

- Zoom manually
- A LOT of optical zoom (or changeable lenses?)
- Headphone jack

I hope there exists a camcorder that fits with my requirements
if there does not exists one but you still know a camcorder that would
fit me perfectly, please post it

Thanks in advance! DreamCAM

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: What DSLR should I buy?
on Nov 21, 2011 at 1:07:17 am

Probably a used Canon T2i would do the trick or maybe even a new T3i if you can swing a little extra.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:54:57 pm

This question has popped up several times on this board and others. The low-end option just isn't there even for that budget. A dslr will require more money in lenses and extras than that budget will allow. Either get a cheap consumer hd camcorder or rent a dslr - it doesnt sound like you are really in the market for the expense right now. Maybe a gopro hero or one of the mid range consumer brands. That budget is just too restrictive for quality unless you rent.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Danny Grizzle
on Nov 25, 2011 at 7:14:41 am

For that budget, forget DSLR and buy a Sony DSC-HX9V for $300. That will leave you plenty of funds to buy memory chips, extra batteries, and accessories like a Barska grip, a Jobi Gorillapod Video Tripod, a Pico Dolly, and even a Rode Mic Boom Pole w/$12 Giottos ball head. Or, you may prefer to step up your audio with a Tascam DR-40.

This little inexpensive package can produce "wow" HD video, and even overcrank for slomo, something the DSLRs cannot do (at least not the Canon models I use). Plus the Barska grip will allow you to do highly credible handheld that rivals or surpasses a Steadicam. Even guys who already own a DSLR should put this at the top of their list as an extra tool in their kit.

I've got mine tricked out with a Zacuto Z-finder that cost more than the camera! Certainly not essential, but nice in sunlight. In my case, all it cost was $11 for an extra mounting frame because I already had the Z-finder. The glue on Z-finder frames fit the HX9V perfectly.

Don't take my word for it. Search Vimeo and YouTube for information on this terrific little camera.

I'm so crazy about this camera, I'm planning to purchase a SmallHD DP4 monitor ($550) just to use the HX9V more effectively on a pole mount. It simply makes great shots that are otherwise impossible, and it is also very easy to simulate jib or crane work. I don't know of any greater bang for the buck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]