FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any confirmed Canon 5D Mark 3 rumors?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Thomas
Any confirmed Canon 5D Mark 3 rumors?
on Nov 15, 2011 at 1:31:26 am

I'm planning to load up on Canon equipment in the next 6 months and was wondering if anyone has heard any confirmed reports about a 5D Mark 3 in the near future. Seems like there's always rumors and fantasizing. Canon's big Nov. 3rd announcement was a letdown to say the least.

Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
Re: Any confirmed Canon 5D Mark 3 rumors?
on Nov 15, 2011 at 2:42:20 am

You want rumors? Here you go.

http://www.canonrumors.com/category/photography/canon-5d-mark-iii/

With Canon just releasing the 1D X and the video targeted C300, don't look for anything too soon in terms of the next 5D...just my opinion.

Ed

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
Re: Any confirmed Canon 5D Mark 3 rumors?
on Nov 15, 2011 at 2:48:32 am

A let down for someā€¦ but leaves hope for the future. I too was hoping for a $5-10K EF mount competitor to the AF-100 and NEX-FS100.

Even though Canon shot high with a competitor to the higher end F3, it is a sign that they have pledged focus into the large sensor S35 video market. Sony released the F3 well before they went FS-100. I have a good feeling that now that they have announced the flagship model - other more affordable units will follow.

My prediction for the lower end companion camera to the C300: Single chip, HDMI out - no SDI (or limited to 8-bit) Possibly lower bit-rate compression.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

"Live, love, laugh and be happy."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]