FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advise on cameras (SLR) to caputre at 4:2:2 greenscreen.

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Levi
Need advise on cameras (SLR) to caputre at 4:2:2 greenscreen.
on Nov 6, 2011 at 11:18:09 pm

Hi again guys,

I asked before about shooting green screen with DSLR, i had this idea to get a Canon 60D with a 18-200 canon lens, then i thought a 5Dmkii because its full frame - large sensor, neither do 4:2:2 so i find out now that only the 7D does not record but outputs 4:2:2 via HDMi to preview and people have a way of capturing this, regardless of the red dot it may be ok for me as a greenscreen camera set up,

Of course i can get the Panasonic hvx200, other video cameras as well like the Canon EX2s etc, or even a "nano flash" or a "led light ring" kit with a weird screen, but this will not be possible since i only have $1600 bucks to spare now,

So what i am asking now is if there are any other solutions besides the Canon 7d set up, both the canon 60d with a 18-200 lens and a Canon 7d with a basic kit amounts to the same prices (on ebay), the Canon 5D seems to be the price of both 60d and 7d Combined, the Nano Flash or Led green screen kits also are the price of the 5D, as well as the hvx200 and anything on that level.

I am just shooting music videos, i got away with several people but a whole band, stage at a distance at 15 feet from the subjects with the lighting rig and back drop would work i think but only with a Zoom lens or capturing at 4:2:2

And how do you guys capture the 7D hdmi outputs, to what card or machine, i am on macs in case that matters

thanks
J

Return to posts index

Jay Levi
Re: Need advise on cameras (SLR) to caputre at 4:2:2 greenscreen.
on Nov 7, 2011 at 6:56:11 am

i also wanted to mention that i just read about Magic Lantern firmware on a 5Dmkii (been its full frame) and the developer claims its gonna do as well as Red One, any thoughts apppreciated

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
on Nov 7, 2011 at 9:39:55 am

No Canon HDSLR outputs a clean HDMI signal, you have been misinformed. The recorded H264 compression of the HDSLRs makes them very unsuitable for Green Screen.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://philming.com.au
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Nov 7, 2011 at 3:01:54 pm

DSLR's are not the best choice for keying.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Jay Levi
on Nov 28, 2011 at 4:48:00 pm

So what cams Would you Recomend for greenscreen that are in the price range of a 5d kit?

Return to posts index

Jay Levi
on Nov 28, 2011 at 4:49:59 pm

So what cams Would you Recomend for greenscreen that are in the price range of a 5d kit?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]