FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to edit? t2i footage

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suley Suleman
How to edit? t2i footage
on Nov 3, 2011 at 7:11:15 pm

Hi, i shot some footage on my canon 550d. it was an interview indoors. I just realised that focus was not set best anyway, i was wondering what software is best to edit in i use sony vegas pro but also have Adobe Premiere cs3. I was wondering if someone would advise me what tools to use to make it look better or more polished as im unsure whats the best way to edit footage from DSLR. Ive uploaded 30 seconds of the clip here http://streem.uk.to/files/640_uotoy/Vegas%20Pro%20Preview%20File%200000.wmv if anyone would be kind enougth to give me a helping hand.

I really apreciate all and any help.

Thanks
Suley

Return to posts index

Rob Manning
Re: How to edit? t2i footage
on Nov 3, 2011 at 8:04:46 pm

Hello Suley,

Try reading through this author and leading Cow hand, or go to the title bar and search under tutorials for more. There are hundreds of them ...http://leaders.creativecow.net/leaders/harrington_richard/

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:30:21 pm

[Suley Suleman] "i was wondering what software is best to edit in i use sony vegas pro but also have Adobe Premiere cs3"

Can't say anything about Vegas, but did a lot of editing of Canon VDSLR footage in Premiere CS3. What I learned is: doesn't work properly (well... doesn't work at all ;) with native footage.

But if you transcode it to Cineform, DNxHD or ProRes (if you're on a Mac): it works quite well. With CS5 or CS5.5 you'll be able to edit natively, but I find working more stable and fluently with transcoded footage, even with the newer Premiere versions.

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Return to posts index

Suley Suleman
on Nov 4, 2011 at 9:52:38 pm

Thanks, what tool would you use to transcode to DNxHD? doing a bit of googleing suggets its an Avid codec, i used windows at the min to transcode.

Thanks
Suley

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Nov 4, 2011 at 11:18:58 pm

Yes, DNxHD is a free Avid codec, which can be used by any NLE when installed.
For transcoding, I use most of the time MPEGStreamclip because of it's batch-transcoding possibilities with multi-processor support.
Another great tool is 5DtoRGB. I don't know if there is an easy way to batch-transcode with 5DtoRGB on windows machines.

For Mac, there seems to be a solution: http://www.noside.fr/5dtorgb-batch/

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Return to posts index

Marco Falcone
on Nov 6, 2011 at 1:52:25 pm

I don't want to seem mean, but your footage seems very out of focus. You should fix that next time you film.

“I don't believe in total freedom for the artist. Left on his own, free to do anything he likes, the artist ends up doing nothing at all. If there's one thing that's dangerous for an artist, it's precisely this question of total freedom, waiting for inspiration and the rest of it.” -FEDERICO FELLINI

Return to posts index

Suley Suleman
on Nov 6, 2011 at 9:25:39 pm

Marco, your compleatly correct. I only realised it after we shot. It was at a press event and wee pushed for time, we setup quickly and did a test run with the presenter sat down, when the subject sat down, forgot to refocus. Out of intrest what would recomend to do to the clip, ie colour correction or any other tool?

Thanks
Suley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]