FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG Streamclip - Quality

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Snow
MPEG Streamclip - Quality
on Oct 24, 2011 at 11:39:07 pm

Hello:

I'm using MPEG Streamclip to transcode DSLR footage to ProRes 422.

I'm making a feature length movie which I hope to get into festivals.

I'm just in the beginning stages of shooting and editing.

With this in mind: When I drop a clip into Streamclip and choose Export Quicktime (ProRes 422) a screen pops up, and one of the items is QUALITY. It's preset is 50%.

For editing and eventual festival screenings, what should I export the QUALITY at?

If this matters, I use Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 and it does not have a compression setting for ProRes 422 (LT). So, I'm going with straight ahead ProRes 422 transcoding. I realize it's larger files, but at this point I don't have much of a choice.

Thank You.

My last movie I used an XL-1. So much easier.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: MPEG Streamclip - Quality
on Oct 25, 2011 at 3:32:51 am

[George Snow] "For editing and eventual festival screenings, what should I export the QUALITY at?

If this matters, I use Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 and it does not have a compression setting for ProRes 422 (LT). So, I'm going with straight ahead ProRes 422 transcoding. I realize it's larger files, but at this point I don't have much of a choice."

Your H264 are highly compressed, if you transcode, try to go the the less compressed option.
BRW, you should go better transcoding your stuff in GC.
MPGStreamclip doesn't add TC to on transcoding and that may cause you problems later on.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]