I had a shoot yesterday shooting on a Canon 7D. After the shoot the footage on the camera was reviewed and everything was great. No problems. Later that night I went to copy the card contents using ShotPut Pro and there were errors all over the place. There were about 7 clips that would not read. I had a some strange file names like "jVI_$775.thm" "jVI_$781.jOV" and "YMG_$776.SR2". In the middle of the shoot, the camera operator shot a few still shots capturing in RAW and jpeg. Other than that, that was the only thing out of the ordinary that might have caused this strange file structure. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this before. Does this sound like a card issue? I've had a malfunction of my cards before, however I catch it in the field because the clips won't play back in the camera. This one was different as it seems when I tried to import the file structure turned wacky.
I assume you tried to manually drag the files of the card and made sure they played, correct? If so, I guess the problem is with shotput pro...perhaps a clue is the .sr2 file extension which is used by Sony cameras for their raw format, was this card used in a Sony camera previous to this shoot? The .thm is of course the thumbnail and exif data, not sure why they would error out since I have never used shotput.
Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. With ShotPut Pro you select the mounted card in the menu and it clones the contents without manually dragging and dropping. When the error occurred, I manually went into the card contents and found that the 5 or 6 clips would not play and had the strange file extensions and the sony file extension. I have not a clue as why there is a Sony file extension. We do not have any Sony cameras that use CF cards. Under normal conditions, I usually have a MOV followed by a THM for one clip. The concern here is why the 5 corrupted files and why the "jVI_$775.thm" "jVI_$781.jOV" and "YMG_$776.SR2" extensions.