FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro 5.5 and fps question

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas davies
Premiere Pro 5.5 and fps question
on Oct 21, 2011 at 10:36:32 am

Hi All

I am struggling to get my head round varying fps in a single project. I have watched numerous tutorials on how a premiere project can be set to match the settings, including frame rate, that the original footage was shot at - and easily achieved by dragging the clip to the new sequence button which automatically chooses the appropriate sequence settings.

However I am stuck on one thing. Let's say I am making a short which I want to have a 'film' look to it so I shoot at 24fps, and my main project settings and 'Master' sequence have 24fps settings. Then there is a clip in my short film which is shot at 30fps because I want it to be super sharp, clear and smooth (landscape clip or something). If I put that clip in its own sequence at 30fps, and then drag that sequence into the Master Sequence which is at 24fps, what happens???

Am probably not being too clear, but I am confused as to how, or whether you can, have a movie which has various fps rates in the same movie, and how you export this? Because I assume that when you export you have to at one particular frame rate.

Any help is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Young
Re: Premiere Pro 5.5 and fps question
on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:14:19 pm

[thomas davies] " I am confused as to how, or whether you can, have a movie which has various fps rates in the same movie"

No. That is not possible.

You have to choose one frame rate for your project, much like you have to choose one aspect ratio for your entire project. You can achieve different effects by shooting different fps if you want but it all has to exist in a constant fps finished project.

Think of it this way: if you wanted a scene to look like an old home movie, you could shoot it a VHS camcorder. But you would have to put that VHS footage into your project using your project settings. You couldn't deliver your project half in 1080 24p mov file and half on a VHS cassette.

Same principle at work with what you are talking about.

http://www.johnathanyoung.com

Return to posts index

thomas davies
Re: Premiere Pro 5.5 and fps question
on Oct 21, 2011 at 4:58:24 pm

ok thought that might be the case - thanks a lot for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]