FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Settings for the GH2

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sala Sultan
Best Settings for the GH2
on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:41:10 am

Hello! I've been using the Gh2 for professional work, the problem is im not a camera man.. I edit videos, and I always had a feeling that the footage I'm getting from the GH2 is not the best.. Kind of off, so here's my question:
What's the best settings I can get out of the GH2? And that goes for the sharpening, and other details

Sala

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Best Settings for the GH2
on Oct 19, 2011 at 4:41:33 pm

Hi Sala,

I'm using the "Vibrant" film mode with no other tweaks; 1080p24 "24H". I have iDynamic set to "High". I don't remember why I set it there and frankly I haven't noticed if it is activating when I shoot. Make sure you are getting a good white balance. I typically punch in a white balance preset then tweak to taste. Use the histogram to make sure you aren't over-exposing.

Here's a couple of things I've done with the GH2:

The 'Tips Come With It

Dr. Lichtenstein Bio

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Sala Sultan
on Oct 20, 2011 at 6:43:50 am

Thanks alot! I'll try those settings...
I also was thinking about how to get a flat image to control the colors later in post. The Canno has those settings, it's seams the Gh2 don't
Thanks again and have a nice day!

Sala

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Oct 20, 2011 at 4:43:21 pm

[Sala Sultan] "I also was thinking about how to get a flat image to control the colors later in post."

I always try to get my footage to look the best it can in-camera, then do some minimal tweaking in post. Perhaps if I was doing big budget work I would think more about shooting flat and doing extensive color grading.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
on Oct 29, 2011 at 8:47:46 pm

I usually set my GH2 to: Full manual "Creative Movie - Cinema" mode, "24H", 1080p24 AVCHD, Film Mode "Smooth" -2,-2,-2,-2, ISO 160 or 320, with iDynamic & iResolution off, use either a preset or manual white balance, and a 1/60th shutter (to avoid potential flicker under certain lights), & manual focus.

I color-correct most of what I shoot, but rarely more than just a slight touching-up.

---

http://www.peterdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]