FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long tracking shot with 7D - from extreme CU to wide

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olaf steel
Long tracking shot with 7D - from extreme CU to wide
on Oct 17, 2011 at 8:13:25 pm

Hi,

I'm about to shoot a music video which has a huge tracking shot - from an extreme close-up of a left eye, to a wide full-body shot. I'm trying to find the best way to do this, so any advice would be great. To help you understand a little what it's supposed to look like, check out the video for POWER by Kanye West.

We will be shooting with a 7D, and renting lenses - which I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me with finding. I'm not sure what lens would work best for this, and then how the shot itself can be achieved. It can go in and out of focus as the camera moves back, or zooms out if necessary. We will be shooting on a large flat rooftop, so there is a lot of space to track back. Unfortunately I do not have measurements.

There will be other stuff intercut with this sequence, so it would be possible to, say start the shot with a 100mm f/2 macro lens, then pull out until a point I know I'll cut away from in the edit, then change to another lens, say a 70-200mm zoom - I know the lenses will look different - so I'm hoping someone here can help out with this.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, and that this is obviously a logistical nightmare, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Olaf

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Long tracking shot with 7D - from extreme CU to wide
on Oct 18, 2011 at 1:09:38 pm

link don't work.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
Re: Long tracking shot with 7D - from extreme CU to wide
on Oct 20, 2011 at 4:06:02 pm

Lens selection on this really depends on how far you want to track back for. The video is heavily posted. Kanye almost looks CG.

The field of view looks to me like a 50mm (on a full frame, 35mm aps-c)

The wider you go the less you will need to track and the less trouble you will have with focus - though you will want a focus puller even if you shoot super wide 10-20mm @ f22.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

"Live, love, laugh and be happy."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]